Meeting Minutes for September 10, 2017
Held @ Lilith De Anu's residence, Santa Rosa, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce Willey /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben Terra (Secretary), Leeanen Sidhe, Lilith De Anu and Jeannie Armstrong.
- Meeting opens @ 11:30 am
- Ben reads August 2017 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Leeanen motions to accept the August 2017 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Lilith 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer's Report (Bruce):
- Summary for August (2017) - September (2017): Treasurer's monthly report for September 2017 states that; SCPN started with $835.92 (as of August 13, 2017) and finished the monthly cycle with $893.97 (as of September 10, 2017). See posted Treasurer's Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month/period of August 13, 2017 - September 10, 2017.
- Leeanen motions to accept August 2017 ? September 2017 Treasurer's Report, Jeannie 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Other Activities:
- SCPN Board's monthly meeting will now be held at Lilith De Anu's residence unless otherwise noted, in which case the SCPN will meet at the Coffee Katz in Sebastopol. Paid SCPN members are free to join SCPN Board meetings at Lilith's and non-members can join as a guest of active SCPN Board members.
- Treasurer's financial monthly report will now be done from the first of the month to the first of the following month and not from one monthly board meeting to the next. This will result in a possibility of financial activity that may be conducted in the early part of any given month and not be shown in the same months Treasurer's report which concludes at the change of the two adjacent months but be shown in the subsequent month. The Treasurer will make a note of any financial activity that occurs from the first of the month to the date of the subsequent SCPN Board meeting in the Treasurer's report at the aforementioned monthly SCPN Board meeting.
- At the SCPN's July 2017 Board meeting, the SCPN Board voted to increase annual membership fee to $50.00 starting 2018.
- SCPN Board members have agreed to implement a "3 point payment system", a process to help ease the burden of the new SCPN annual membership fee increase by offering SCPN members and potential members 3 different payment options. This "3 point payment system" process-plan is as follows; Point 1) payment options are $50.00 (one time complete annual fee payment), 2 payments of $25.00 or 5 payments of $10.00. Point 2; An active SCPN Board member is to collect money-payments and information or recording of payment(s) to give to Bruce at the end of SCPN LBAG monthly events. Point 3; The Treasurer is to have a (separate) ledger for recording membership payments and payment options chosen. Leeanen motions to accept "3 Point payment system", Bruce 2nds motion, unanimously passed (A carry-over passed motion from August 2017).
- Note: An acknowledgement and thanks to Lilith De Anu for her artwork donation to the SCPN. The first 14 new members who have fully paid their annual dues can receive a donated artwork from Lilith.
- Bruce motions to allow $30.00 to be spent on witch’s ball hat contest prizes. Lilith 2nds motion, unanimously passed. Jeannie volunteers to acquire the hat contest prizes.
- 2017-2018 SCPN Elections and board members: Existing board members have stated that they would continue to be board members for 2017-2018. September 1 - September 30 2017 is the open period for SCPN members to be nominated for SCPN board positions in the SCPN Board Member Elections which will be October 20th, 2017.
- Lilith motions to fund up to $15.00 so that Helen can acquire a notebook with sleeves for SCPN membership records. Jeannie 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
- September 2017: Phoenix to give a presentation on making "Traveling Altars".
- SCPN 1st October event will be held on October 20, 2017 and consist of …..SCPN has secured October 27, 2017 as its 2nd event in October (at the LBAG) which will be the date for the SCPNs annual "Witches Ball". SCPN will conduct a Samhain ritual planned and lead by Thermal on SCPN’s 2nd event for October (27th). Also, participants to the SCPN's 2nd October event (27th) are encouraged to bring an ancestral food accompanied with a card describing the meaning or significance of the ancestral dish.
- November 2017: Divination night.
- December 2017: YuleTide gathering and feast.
- January 2018: Jeannie Armstrong to give a presentation on "Christo-Paganism".
· Action Items (To do list):
- Shay's books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves / library system.
- Lilith to send Anna-Lisa the business card art design.
- Discuss researching accepting payments via smart-phones using an app that is a credit card reader.
- Discuss how to expand membership.
- Discuss the possibility of implementing the ability to make cauldron donations electronically.
- Revisit the issue of purchasing $35.00 gadget “Chromecast” that makes the SCPN projector compatible with contemporary electronic device(s).
- Can SCPN Board members make, purchase provide services as incentive(s) for SCPN membership.
- Ben to bring copy of previous months completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
Bruce motions to adjourn board meeting, Jeannie 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
SCPN Board meeting adjourns at 2:30 pm.