Meeting Minutes for July 9, 2017
Held @ Howarth Park, Santa Rosa, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce Willey /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben Terra (Secretary), Leeanen Sidhe, and Jeannie Armstrong.
- Meeting opens @ 12:00 pm
- Ben reads June 2017 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Jeannie motions to accept the June 2017 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Bruce 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer's Report (Bruce):
- Summary for June (2017) - July (2017): Treasurer's monthly report for June 2017 states that; SCPN started with $1223.44 (as of June 11, 2017) and finished the monthly cycle with $820.49 (as of July 9, 2017). See posted Treasurer's Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month/period of June 11, 2017 - July 9, 2017.
- Ben motions to accept June 2017 - July 2017 Treasurer's Report, Leeanen 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Other Activities:
- SCPN Board's monthly meeting will now be held at Lilith De Anu's residence unless otherwise noted, in which case the SCPN will meet at the Coffee Katz in Sebastopol. Paid SCPN members are free to join SCPN Board meetings at Lilith's and non-members can join as a guest of active SCPN Board members.
- Treasurer's financial monthly report will now be done from the first of the month to the first of the following month and not from one monthly board meeting to the next. This will result in a possibility of financial activity that may be conducted in the early part of any given month and not be shown in the same months Treasurer's report which concludes at the change of the two adjacent months but be shown in the subsequent month. The Treasurer will make a note of any financial activity that occurs from the first of the month to the date of the subsequent SCPN Board meeting in the Treasurer's report at the aforementioned monthly SCPN Board meeting.
- Bruce motions to accept SCPN annual membership fee increase to $50.00 starting 2018 and discuss the annual fee increase at the SCPN 2017 campout and at the SCPN’s September 2017 LBAG event. Ben 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
- July 2017: Cauldron of the Celts.
- August 2017: Solstice to give a presentation on her new book about Earth-based Paganism.
- August 11-13, 2017: The annual SCPN Campout at Doran Beach Park in Bodega Bay. Earliest arrival time is 2pm on Friday, August 11 and departure time in 12pm noon on Sunday, August 13. Sites are D & E in Miwok Campground. In addition, each camper should be prepared to spend $10.00-$20.00 in cash to pay for SCPN's 2018 Doran Beach campout reservation.
- September 2017: Phoenix to give a presentation on making "Traveling Altars".
- SCPN has secured October 27, 2017 as its 2nd event in October (with/at the LBAG) which will be the date for the SCPN's annual "Witches Ball". SCPN will conduct a samhain orientated event on SCPN's 1st event for October (October 20th).
- November 2017: Divination night.
- December 2017: Yule Tide gathering and feast.
- January 2018: Jeannie Armstrong to give a presentation on "Christo-Paganism".
· Action Items (To do list):
- Shay's books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves / library system.
- Lilith to send Anna-Lisa the business card art design.
- SCPN Board to continue discussion on allowing SCPN annual membership fees to be offered in a payment plan for SCPN members who might be economically challenged.
- Discuss researching accepting payments via smart-phones using an app that is a credit card reader.
- Discuss how to expand membership.
- Discuss the possibility of implementing the ability to make cauldron donations electronically.
- Revisit the issue of purchasing $35.00 gadget Chromecast that makes the SCPN projector compatible with contemporary electronic device(s).
- Reconnoiter Doran Beach-Park for RV sites for potential SCPN usage/reservations in future SCPN campouts.
- Ben to bring copy of previous months completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
SCPN Board meeting adjourns at 3:27 pm.
Treasurer's Report, July 9, 2017
Total assets As of As of 6-11-17 1223.44
As of 6-11-17 649.86
6-12-17 +116.76 Paypal Transfer +116.76 766.62
6-12-17 -305 Dues check to LBAGC -305 461.62
6-30-17 -6 Vile bank maintenance fee -6 455.62
As f 7-9-17 455.62
Cash Box: As of 6-11-17 358.83
6-12-17 -90 Pay post office box fee -90 268.83
6-16-17 + 31 Cauldron Donations +31 299.83
7-8-17 -25 Repay LBAGC refreshments -25 274.83
As of 7-9-17 274.83
As of 6-11-17 97.99
7-8-17 -7.95 Newtek Technologies website -7.95 90.04
Paypal account is empty.
As of 7-9-17 820.49