Meeting Minutes for October 11, 2015
Held @ Coffee Cats Café, Sebastopol, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce Willey /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben Terra (Secretary), Storm, Leeanen Sidhe & Lilith De Anu.
- Meeting opens @ 11:30 am
· Treasurer’s Report (Bruce):
- Summary: Treasurer’s monthly report for October 2015 states that; SCPN started with $1265.65 (as of September 13, 2015) and finished the month’s cycle with $1282.72 (as of October 11, 2015). See posted Treasurer’s Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month/period of September 13, 2015 - October 11, 2015.
- Lilith motions to accept Treasurer’s Report for September 13, 2015, Leeanen 2nd’s motion, unanimously passed.
- Leeanen motions to accept September 2015 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Bruce 2nd’s motion, unanimously passed.
- Leeanen motions that board members can (optional) make their own name tags (but at least have” SCPN Board Member” on the tag), Lilith 2nd’s motion, unanimously passed.
- Helen proposes and Lilith motions that the SCPN follow Federal ADA guidelines in regards to the animal issue and the SCPN events at the LBAG, Storm 2nd’s motion, unanimously passed. The Federal ADA guidelines with links and references will be posted on the SCPN E-List and laminated copies will be brought to SCPN events (www.ADA.gov/service_animals_2010.HTM and www.ADA.gov/regs 2010/service_animal_QA.HTML ).
- October 2015 (2 dates): October 16; Yeshe Rabbit of CAYA Coven to give a presentation titled ‘Sacred Herbs of Our Ancestors’. October 23; Samhain & Witch’s Ball.
- November 2015: Divination Night.
- December 2015: Yule.
- January 2016: Leeanen and Ben to do a crafts presentation, making bee houses for native bees.
- Nominations for SCPN Officer/Board positions are on line and nominations can be accepted on line. Nominations must be submitted by the end of September (2015). Note; an individual can nominate themselves.
· Action Items (To do list):
- Shay’s books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves – library system.
- Leeanen to continue to update archive of past speakers-events (which stopped in 2010).
- Helen to inquire about LBag keys.
- Lilith to make a gluten free cake for Yule and SCPN's 15 year birthday.
- The SCPN Board to discuss January-February events; crafts orientated but specific crafts pending.
- Helen to inquire costs of SCPN postcards with Iris Anya, in time for SCPN’s possible attendance at 2016 Mystic Fair.
- Ben offers to cover membership record keeping, talk with and coordinate with Lilith.
- Leeanen to invite Jennie A. to join the SCPN Biz. List.
- Leeanen & Ben have made a proposal for Samhain ritual-event.
- Leeanen & Ben to do further research on overlapping state/county regulations regarding the animal issue at SCPN events at the LBAG (in conjunction with Federal ADA guidelines).
- Ben to bring copy of previous month’s completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
Board meeting adjourns at 2:10 pm.