Meeting Minutes for August 10, 2014
Held @ Coffee Cats Café, Sebastopol, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce Wiley /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben Terra (Secretary), Storm, & Leeanen Sidhe.
- Meeting opens @ 11:30 am
· Treasurer’s Report (Bruce):
- Summary: July Treasurer’s Report (2014) states that; SCPN started with $1610.13 (as of June 8, 2014) and finished the month’s cycle with $1046.18 (as of July 13, 2014). See posted Treasurer’s Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month of June 8, 2014 – July 13, 2014.
- Summary: August Treasurer’s Report (2014) states that; SCPN started with $1046.18 (as of July 13, 2014) and finished the month’s cycle with $1032.23 (as of August 10, 2014). See posted Treasurer’s Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month of July 13, 2014 – August 10, 2014.
- Bruce motions to accept Treasurer’s Report for July 2014, Leeanen 2nd’s motion, unanimously passed.
- Bruce motions to accept Treasurer’s Report for August 2014, Leeanen 2nd’s motion, unanimously passed.
- Bruce motions to accept June’s (2014) revised minutes, Ben 2nd’s motion, unanimously passed.
· Events/Calendar (Susan absent):
- August 2014: At this time August is still open. ‘Back to School Night’ theme for August was suggested comprising of presentations of Grey School, Cherry Hill, California School of Herbal Studies (in Forestville) and Cerridwen Fallingstar’s “A Year and A Day”
- Campout 2014: The SCPN annual campout is scheduled for the weekend of August 22nd-23rd@ Doran Beach in Bodega Bay. The campsites (2) are located in the Miwok Campground, at sites D & E. Check-in will be open any time after 2pm on Friday afternoon (Aug. 22nd) and checkout will occur by 12 pm (noon) on Sunday, August 24th. Also; Doran daily parking fee is now $7.00. If participants intend on spending the night (s) @ Doran Beach, please inform the park service @ entry gate of your intentions.
- September 2014: Divination night (Sept. 19).
- Macha Nightmare & Gus DiZerega may be scheduled as future guest speakers.
- 2014-2015 Board member nominations to be submitted between September 1 through October 1 (2014).
- Mystic Fair to occur on the weekend of October 18-19 (2014).
- Storm motions to approve funding of up to $100.00 for the SCPN booth at the Mystic Fair, Leeanen 2nd’s motion, unanimously passed.
· Action Items (To do list)J:
- Bruce to update SCPN Critical Business Calendar and to give to Ben to file.
- Shea’s books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves – library system.
- Bruce to research what it might cost to increase liability insurance coverage & what the potential increased coverage might provide.
- Leeanen to update archive of past speakers-events (which stopped in 2010).
- Research to be done on design & concept for new SCPN advertisement cards.
- Status of Susan’s LBAG key; replace?
- Helen to inquire about LBag keys.
- Ben/Leeanen to transfer SCPN image-art for SCPN promotion cards onto Ben’s laptop for viewing & consultation in September 2014 Board meeting.
- Ben to research cost of promotion cards (styles-sizes) from Kinkos.
- Research about sign-up requirements for next year’s campout @ Doran Beach.
- Discuss with Susan about vetting future speakers.
- Leeanen to forward to Bruce (e-mail) payment due notice ($12.00) from ‘scpagen.net’.
- Bruce to give Ben Oberon’s secretary box.
- Send announcement to e-list about the SCPN looking for volunteer(s) to conduct rituals for both Samhain & Yule (2014).
- Benn to provide a statement (as SCPN Secretary) for Bruce & Helen confirming that Helen is President and Bruce is Treasurer (of the SCPN, 2013-2014). Ben to also provide Bruce & Helen a copy of the SCPN minutes for November 2013 showing or confirming their respective elections to the aforementioned SCPN officer positions.
- Ben to bring copy of previous month’s completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
Board meeting adjourns @ 2:20 pm.