SCPN BoD Minutes 9/8/12
Sonoma County Pagan Network
Meeting Minutes for September 8, 2012
10:30 am in Sebastopol, Coffee Cats Café
Present: Helen/Hawk (Pres.), Bruce (Thermal) Willey (Treas.), Oberon Zell (OZ) (Sec’y.), Susan Small (Events Coordinator), Lilith Berkana De'Anu; Storm Goranson
Meeting called to order by Helen/Hawk at 10:48 am.
Old Business: Minutes of previous meeting (Aug.12) read.
MOTION: Bruce moves to accept previous Minutes. Helen 2nd; passed.
Treasurer’s Report for August (Bruce)
Total assets as of 8-12-12 1956.41
As of 8-12-12 1554.61
8-20-12 + Transfer from Paypal +217.35 1771.96
As of 9-9-12 1771.96
As of 8-12-12 176.52
8-17-12 +Denise Ribecky dues +25 201.52
8-17-12 +Cauldron donations +110.78 312.30
8-17-12 -Thermal travel stipend -25 287.30
As of 9-9-12 287.30
As of 8-12-12 78.28
9-4-12 - Pay GKG for domain name SCpagans.net -10.46 67.82
9-8-12 -Pay Crystaltech for web hosting -7.95 59.87
As of 9-9-12 59.87
As of 8-12-12 147.00
8-20-12 + Unrecorded funds +70.35 217.35
8-20-12 - transfer to bank account -217.35 00.00
As of 9-9-12 00.00
As of 9-9-12 2119.13
MOTION: OZ moves to accept Treasurer’s Report. Lilith 2nd; passed.
Action items pending from last meeting:
· Bruce will complete process to become PayPal signatory ASAP.
Done! Thanks to Jeannie for hher help, Thermal is now PayPal signatory!
· Helen will email OZ current version of Bylaws.
Done! Storm raised questions regarding Section 4. Lilith asks for one week to send proposals. Final version:
“A proposal for any dues changes may be made at a BoD meeting no more than one time per calendar year. Proposal is to be sent to members within one week of that meeting. Final vote is to be held no less than 30 days after Announcement. Changes will take effect immediately upon passage.”
MOTION: Bruce moves to accept proposed changes as written and amended. Storm 2nd; passed.
ACTION: OZ will redo proposed Bylaws change and sent to Lilith ASAP (DONE).
ACTION: Lilith will send proposed Bylaws change to all SCPN members ASAP (DONE).
ACTION: Helen will write 1st draft of pitch for dues raise and send to Bizlist…raise to $30 so SCPN gets $10 rather than $5. Include explanation of how LBAGC works.
· Helen passed out copies of current SCPN brochure to BoD. Everyone review and propose any changes by next month.
Table ‘til next month.
· Bruce will send a proposed new Mission Statement on the BizList to be discussed online.
DONE. ACTION: Review & edit ASAP.
· Helen will make proposal for changing SCPN BoD meeting dates and times.
Helen not ready to make proposal—table ‘til next meeting.
Events Calendar (Susan):
· Oct. 19. Divination night. 5 readers confirmed; also election (all present BoD members renominated and 2nd) Helen will solicit nominations for new BoD members.
ACTION: All present BoD members to post “Why I am on the SCPN BoD—and so can you!”
· Nov. 2. Samhain—Witches Ball. Hat contest; decorate. Leeanen will create ritual. Ella Rosette (Black Madonna) OZ—print out roster of Beloved Dead for West altar of remembrance. OZ & MG—bring figures of Death and La Katarina for West altar.
· Nov. 16. Bizarre Bazar
· Dec. 21. Yule. Shift from Pisces to Aquarius. OZ offers major ritual to be followed by all-night vigil at Raven Haven for those who wish to do so…culminating in sunrise singing of song, “This is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius.” Will adapt ritual based on Bob Dylan song, “Shelter from the Storm.” Will circulate ritual script and recruit people for roles…
· Jan. 18 or March 15. Darryl Cherney. Showing and fundraising for Darryl’s movie, “Who Killed Judy Barri?” Suggested donation $10.
MOTION: Susan moves to offer Darryl’s nonprofit all donations over base expenses. OZ 2nd; passed.
ACTION: OZ will send Susan Darryl’s contact info. (DONE)
ACTION: Susan will post SCPN announcements to Craigslist; Speakers to post to their own lists.
ACTION: Susan will ask Lorean if she would forward SCPN announcements to Isis Oasis lists…
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS PENDING:
· OZ will redo proposed Bylaws change and sent to Lilith ASAP (DONE).
· Lilith will send proposed Bylaws change to all SCPN members ASAP (DONE).
· Helen will write 1st draft of pitch for dues raise and send to Bizlist…raise to $30 so SCPN gets $10 rather than $5. Include explanation of how LBAGC works.
· All present BoD members to post “Why I am on the SCPN BoD—and so can you!”
· Review & edit new Mission Statement ASAP.
· OZ will send Susan Darryl’s contact info. (DONE)
· Susan will post SCPN announcements to Craigslist; Speakers to post to their own lists.
· Susan will ask Lorean if she would forward SCPN announcements to Isis Oasis lists…
Meeting adjourned 1:45 pm.
Next meeting: October 14.
Oberon Zell, Secretary