Sonoma County Pagan Network
Meeting Minutes for Feb. 12, 2012
10:30 am in Sebastopol, Coffee Cats Café
Present: Helen/Hawk (Pres.), Bruce (Thermal) Willey (Treas.), Oberon Zell (OZ) (Sec’y.), Susan Small (Events Coord.), Storm Goranson
Absent: Lilith Berkana De'Anu
Meeting called to order at 10:55.
Old Business: Minutes of previous meeting (Jan. 8) read.
Action items from last meeting:
· Bruce has not yet become PayPal signatory, using Exchange Bank as go-between.
· Bruce filed 2011 sales tax returns to State Board of Equalization. We didn’t owe anything because we didn’t sell anything.
· Lilith submitted report of number of SCPN members to LBAGC.
· Susan, Helen, Lilith, and Leeanen still working on draft Bylaws changes and announcement of 30-day notice of dues change (to $30/yr.) . (See below)
· OZ has contact Orion Lord Orion Foxwood,Wendy Rule, Diana Paxson, Nicki Scully and Patrick McCollum as potential presenters.
· Susan is providing info on how to become a sponsor of www.SCPNmeetup.com.
· Susan still working on listing for SCPN to appear in SR Post Dispatch section: “Find Your Place of Worship.” (See below)
Treasurer’s Report (Bruce)
Bank Account: As of 1-8-12 1,739.61
No change in January
As of 2-12-12 1,739.61
Cash Box: As of 1-8-12 142.68
1-19-12 +84.42 227.10
As of 2-12-12 227.10
Gift card: As of 1-8-12 28.94
2-8-12 -7.95 Pay Crystaltech 20.99
As of 2-12-12 20.99
Paypal: As of 1-8-12 147.00
No change in January
As of 2-12-12 147.00
Totals: As of 1-8-12 2,058.23
Total As of 2-12-12 2,134.70
Bruce notes correction to cash box of $10 due to mistake in making change.
Storm suggests using PayPal rather than gift card to pay bills; Bruce explains that he prefers to keep the available amounts limited in case of hacking.
ACTION: Bruce will pay insurance ($250/year) due March 1.
MOTION: OZ moves to accept Treasurer’s Report. Susan 2nd; passed.
Events Calendar (Susan):
· February 24. Guests will be Conrad Bishop & Elizabeth Fuller of the Independent Eye.
· March 16. OZ will present a hands-on playshop on “Making your own Paleolithic Goddess figurine.” Air-drying clay and modeling tools will be provided. A small donation for the clay would be appreciated.
· April 20. Julie Ann Arbor (“Tree Girl”) will present photo essay on trees with naked Julia in them.
· May 18. Loreon Vigne of Isis Oasis will present blessing ritual from Isis Oasis and Egyptian past-life readings and group meditation.
· June 15. Still negotiating with Wendy Rule (Australian Pagan bard) to see if she’ll be available to perform a concert for SCPN on June 15.
· Nicki Scully and Patrick McCollum are interested in presenting—still working on dates.
Promotions (Susan): We now have 21 members on www.SCPNmeetup.com. We have one sponsor: “Creative Journeys.”
ACTION: Susan will provide info on how to become a sponsor.
Posting on Witchvox.com for 3 events has gotten over 200 views for each.
Post Dispatch section: “Find Your Place of Worship” is an ad space, not Public Service Announcements as we’d thought. Cost is $25/week for 3 lines after name of org; $6/line for additional lines.
Do we want to do one ad a month the weekend before our meeting?
MOTION: Bruce moves that we place a $25 ad in the PD the weekend before our March meeting (3/16). The ad will be printed on March 10. OZ 2nd; passed.
ACTION: Susan will revise our ad to 3 lines for $25, and make it specific to the event (OZ’s sculpture workshop).
Bruce: Have Lilith ask newbies who show up where they learned of SCPN; 3 new people will pay for the ad.
Helen is looking into local Interfaith activities, meetings, groups, etc. Is there a Sonoma County Interfaith Association? OZ mentions Earth Day (April 22) as major Interfaith event we might want to get involved with.
Susan will submit seasonal Press Releases to PD, giving info on what local Pagans are doing for each season, etc.
Storm suggests listing Sabbat info on SCPN website. Leeanen? Susan will put together “Wheel of the Year” page. Helen wants to link this to North Bay Reclaiming Sabbat events.
Bylaws changes (Helen): Susan provides proposed new text to go over; considerable discussion: Helen concerned re: community consensus re: dues; wants to post changes to all our YahooGroups list members, not just paid SCPN members. Storm raises issue re: minors. We agree to strike indicated lines and phrases.
MOTION: Bruce moves to accept revised copy. Susan 2nd; passed.
ACTION: Susan will post revised Bylaws to all SCPN members and others via YahooGroups list.
Helen raises question regarding “Cuddle Party” ads; are these really relevant to SCPN, or are they just spam? Agree to table until next meeting while she looks into this.
Meeting adjourned at 12:17.
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS:
· Bruce will become PayPal signatory, using Exchange Bank as go-between.
· Susan will provide info on how to become a sponsor of www.SCPNmeetup.com.
· Susan will submit 3-line listing for SCPN March meeting to appear in SR Post Dispatch section: “Find Your Place of Worship” on March 10. This will cost $25.
· Susan will post revised Bylaws to all SCPN members and others via YahooGroups list.
· Susan will coordinate with Helen, Lilith, and Leeanen to draft an announcement of 30-day notice of dues change (to $30/yr.) and post it to Yahoo list and email it to all members ASAP!
Oberon Zell, Secretary